Sunday 3 June 2012

Vintage Suitcase DIY


I bought this vintage suitcase years ago in a charity shop but kind of forgot about it. It was a little bit beaten up and damaged, so I decided to cover it in some fabric to brighten it up. 
  
 I selected two fabrics with different patterns, but with a similar colour so they harmonised. Then I traced round the suitcase on the reverse side of the fabric and cut out the shape. 
I glued down the fabric on both sides and tuck in the edges into the seam of the suitcase.



 I am really pleased with the results, it didn't take too long to do and there weren't too many complications!


 I did have a little helper - my cat Mishka, although she lost interest after a while and went to sleep. 


Love T xXx

3 comments:

  1. Nice effect. Lovely kitty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wowwwww, that's so pretty! I'm going to be on the hunt for a vintage suitcase now ;D ♥

    Sarah ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! I really like the colours. x

    ReplyDelete